Thursday, May 1, 2014

Potty Training at its Finest.

Where should I begin with this subject? This is my second time potty training and let me just say that this time around has been the hardest. With my first he was trained within a week. I know every child is different, but I had some hopes with my middle child knowing that his Big Brother goes on the potty that, that would help. I was wrong.

Finally, yesterday while Ethan, Landen, & I were shopping at Target, one of my favorite stores EVER. We went to the kids section and Ethan spotted some Despicable Me underwear.. He said "Mom, I want those, no more diaper".. I was all over that. I wish they had more options but a 3 pk would do for now, plus they were only $5.99, not too bad of a price. Plus, we got some Spider-Man goodnite underwear in case of accidents.

As soon as we got home he wanted to put them on. So I did but then here came the accidents. He hasn't gotten the concept that he needs to tell me BEFORE he goes, lol. Instead he keeps coming to me afterwards. Like a friend said, I have to stay consistent and that's what I'm going to do. I refuse to put a diaper back on him! In the meantime, I'll just have a lot of laundry to do, as if I don't have enough anyways, lol.

If you have any advice you'd like to share please do so! Email, Comment here, or Instagram me :) Like Mickey says, I'm allll ears!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh boy! We are still working on potty too. Every single hour we have to take Ellie and I was just thinking the other day..." I can't wait until she just goes on her own....." However her control has gotten better and today was the first accident in a while that wasn't because I was just too lazy to take her! ��

    Good lucky with potty times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, thanks! I need all the luck I can get. Going on day 2 and still nothing :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was one day where I washed liked 4 pairs of underwear haha but if you refuse diapers, he won't have a choice! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I did just that today, lol. Its really frustrating but I know it takes time.

    ReplyDelete